San Luis Obispo Homes For Sale

San Luis Obispo was the first Central Coast city to capture my imagination many, many years ago and I fell in love with the area immediately.  It has been the inspiration for our quest to live on the Central Coast ever since.  The city has a charm, an esprit if you will, that draws me in.  Part of the draw is the turn of the century homes and the period architecture which has been long abandoned but oft imitated with shortcuts.  Many of these classic old homes have been lovingly restored and in the business district are the home to small firms and stores.

The city has a wonderful website that tells guests all about San Luis Obispo, even it's quirky side!

As with all of the central coast, rolling hills dotted with giant oak trees, cool breezes that blow in the afternoon, and a causal style of life are also part of the charm.

I am not sure what San Luis Obispo is best known for, the colleges of Cal Poly and Questa Community College, the old homes, the sophisticated shopping district or the scenery.  Whatever it is the blend of attributes makes this town special to me and I  am thrilled to be able to work here and live nearby.  And, of course, SLO has a rich culture and loves it's artistic side of live.

Food is an intrinsic part of SLO lifestyle and eateries of note include Viena Vai Trattoria, Big Sky Cafe and Oasis Medeterranean.  There is plenty of culinary diversity and the inquisitive eater can spend many days enjoying unique fare.

The community and town leaders have done a wonderful job, in my humble opinion, of being careful in what growth they have allowed so the city does not lose it's character as is so common in Southern California with it's seeming endless sprawl and look alike shopping centers one after another.  There is a possible downside to this controlled growth, high home values, though if you already own a home here you may disagree.

When checking the recent sales I came across a real gem and a big surprise.  The home that sold for the lowest price at this time (June 2012), was the old Union Pacific Mail drop, which is now a small home, on over an acre.  This historic property, while in need of significant work sold for only $120,000.  I never would have expected that.  By comparison, the second least expensive home sold was a condo at nearly $190,000.  The prize at the top of the list was a modern craftsman style home that fetched over $2,000,000.

The average price of homes sold in San Luis was just shy of $536,000 and the median price was a bit lower at $487,000.

The discriminating buyer who seeks to find their niche in San Luis Obispo is already aware of the price of homes here I would suspect, and will be prepared when looking for a home.  We are happy to help you find it when the time is right!

Just Listed in San Luis Obispo

See what's happening on the Central Coast in Santa Maria Lifestyle

Based on information from California Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. as of Dec 12, 2017 9:41:am. This information is for your personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties you may be interested in purchasing. Display of MLS data is usually deemed reliable but is NOT guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Buyers are responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information and should investigate the data themselves or retain appropriate professionals. Information from sources other than the Listing Agent may have been included in the MLS data. Unless otherwise specified in writing, Broker/Agent has not and will not verify any information obtained from other sources. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.